Friday, March 13, 2020

Rules Update

I have updated my Old School Rules, incorporating some feedback received on TMP.  I have cleaned up the formation diagrams, added a summary table for musket and artillery fire, and added some details to hand-to-hand fighting especially around the procedure for firing at a charging unit.  There is now only one cavalry line formation, a line in two ranks.  After play tests, this seemed the only formation that made sense for a variety of reasons, mainly allowing for reinforcements during melee and space considerations.   I have updated the links.

Old School Rules

They remain a pretty basic framework and don’t address details such as passing fire, and a bunch others, but I think still provide a good basic framework to add details and tinker with.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent updates - I hope to try these out soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marc, let me know what you think, what works and what doesn't. Still thinking about the charging rules.

    ReplyDelete